Just as I stepped out of the van door into the awning tent, down came the rain. I turned around and came back into the van for 15 minutes. It stopped as quickly as it started so off we went into the unknown.

It’s still necessary to take the pretty route so as not to attract the attention of ED who is bolder by the day.

The walk was windy but dry. I left Boris in a more sheltered location on the circuit where he was out of the strong westerly wind. From there, he can watch me run around the large sandy area at the end of the Promontory as well as hold court with his entourage. I did my laps so we returned to the camping.

I’d agreed to meet Christophe so that he could feed ED. Feeding ED is not a difficult operation since he can virtually hoover the food up in about 60 seconds. We chatted about doggy matters. ED managed to get in with the nearby sheep but ignored them. An annoying, aggressive, white dog came by with its owners and, despite aggression from the white dog, he ignored that too. Granted he’d just eaten and it would have made only a snack anyway.

I took Christophe back to see the other dogs to find Martin there with his two dogs. He’d come to drop off the chair he’d repaired for Georgia. We introduced each other but Martin soon left for me to take Christophe to see the other dogs. I think Christophe was quite overcome by the number and the noise. Especially from Oskar who has a loud bark and wishes everyone in southwest Crete to know.

I walked back with Christophe to where his pickup was parked in the shelter of some Juniper trees. The sand was whipping across the beach and I could feel it on my bare legs. The westerly wind is slowly dragging the sand up one end of the beach. Together with the waves, the rocks are still very much in evidence. But there’s time yet before the summer season.

Christophe said goodbye to ED saying that he might come back at 18:30 to feed him or, if not, the following morning at 08:30 definitely. He’d eaten fondu with Sandra the previous evening and enjoyed his own hospitality as well as going to bed much later than his normal time. He goes to be even earlier than me! But then he doesn’t have a dog to keep him company.

The day was taken up with IT matters with Richard at Inter Sport setting up RAID on the new server for Haywards-Heath.

I used the sunny afternoon to set up a temporary WiFi relay to serve Georgia’s house as she’d been hinting about the lack of WiFi during her rare visits. I need to start the cabling soon but am too busy at present.

I walked Πέντε twice today to be sure of completing my circles. A cycle to Paleochora would have been very hard against that wind and I have sufficient food to feed a small army.

The evening walk was pleasant, less windy and uneventful other than a couple of phone calls. Fortunately, I was wearing my headset. Boris played with his ball and it was still light when we got back despite leaving at 17:15.

Πέντε and I went to feed ED: she was extremely eager to join Obi and me in the van once we were back.

Georgia is noticeable by her absence which is why our nocturnal visitor is with us again. Πέντε’s very bold now and tries to come into the compound at every opportunity. Boris seems to ignore her as do the others, after the initial excitement.

A deputation of Albanians petitioned for earlier turning on of the water heater. They say they’d much rather have water at 15:30 than the evening as that’s the time they return from work. I shall take my shower mid-afternoon and leave the heater on for two hours. If they use up all the hot water, that’s up to them.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.