Messrs Onedin and Baines entertained the dogs and I last night although the dogs don’t seem that interested for some reason. James gets his steamship back but I suspect it’s going to need work before it’s any use to him. His attempt to rewed falls upon deaf ears so he’s going to have to think again on that one too.

It was warm but cloudy as we marched over the Promontory this morning. There were some stars peeping through the gaps in the clouds but a heavy bank on the horizon. We completed our five circuits and Luis managed not to lose the ball. Back at the factory, I decided to update my daily workout as it was becoming a little tedious and boring. I now have new and interesting ways to stretch my bits. After an interlude, Winston and I went running to Krios where we found the German/Swiss couples who’d stayed at the camping until Saturday. I expect the Germans might come back as the weather for the next few days is poor and he will need electricity.

I showered and had a late breakfast before Richard at Inter Sport called to say he’d set up the two new computers for installation and that the new server for Seaford had arrived but without the disks. I started on the new PCs and have done most except for install the printer as I’m unable to see it on the network. I’m glad he’s decided to replace the old till computers as I can now move on with the installation I started over a year ago in anticipation of them adopting a different product which, in the end, didn’t materialise.

I have recently learned from David that he and Carol are leaving Crete in their motorhome to return to UK. They are off to India for a while and their motorhome needs a bit of a refit as well as an MOT. The annual MOT is always a problem with UK vehicles which spend most of their time abroad.

Charlie has been out for a walk with Carol and David. It was Obi’s turn yesterday. Charlie was a little reluctant but Carol says she will take him again to see if he improves. Carol used to have a dog however dog ownership doesn’t fit in with their peripatetic lifestyle.

The second batch of food I prepared this afternoon was left cooking as I went out with the dogs for the Evening Walk. A little later again this evening. For some reason, the dogs were very excited about something on the Promontory and that excitement spilled over as I was about to prepare their food. I took a phone call from Richard at Inter Sport and had to put down the phone to sort out the dogs. I didn’t see what started it but this time it was all on to Obi, not Luis. Having sorted Richard, I then received a call from a new Austrian customer who wishes to come in July. I asked him to email me through the Google website as I knew that it was from there he’d found my phone number. Only minutes later, Jan, with the yellow Mercedes, his wife and Ridgeback, Lily called to ask if was too late for him to come to the camping. He has to do his shopping and will then pitch up. I asked to take one of the bays just inside the entrance and to find something more permanent tomorrow in daylight. There are too many trees and other customers to have him fiddling around looking for a place in the darkness.

Time for supper methinks


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.