Déjà vu

A warmer night and warm morning so the Early Walk turned out to be a little sluggish. Nevertheless, we included the final circuit of the Promontory to return as the Concrete Shouters were setting up. A large truck with a long boom was accompanied by the first truckload of premixed concrete. I thought they were constructing a villa but judging by the amount of concrete I’m sure it’s an atomic power station!

It was warm and muggy to I went into the sea for a swim. There was a swell and rolling waves up the beach. It was good to get in the water for a wash if nothing else! I popped into the shower as I walked back to the van. I’d left my towel in there on the way to the sea.

A car had come into the camping whilst I was in the shower which contained Georgia’s friends who were staying in two of the small cabins for a night whilst fishing. I went to the office to give them the keys and see them to their accommodation.

I released and fed the dogs before preparing my breakfast then went into the camping to collect money from the Swiss couple who’d said they wanted to leave. As I was dealing with them, my phone rang and I discovered an Austria woman with a caravan at the reception. I’d been warned of her impending arrival but wasn’t expecting her today. I showed her around then together we positioned her caravan in the space I occupied when I first came to stay at Grammeno longterm.

I then went back to eat my breakfast as it was past 12:00. Breakfast was followed by a lapse into unconsciousness so I was a little late making my weekly call home. During the call, I could watch Georgia who was in the office receive various tradesmen and other visitors including the two arrivals for Z5-6 and a British couple in a motorhome. She called me but I ignored the intrusion as I was on the phone.

After my call I went to wander the camping to find that the Swiss couple with the two young daughters was unable to start their van so had called assistance to get it started. Apparently, the recently arrived British couple nearby had tried to help them. A man arrived with a large battery and Georgia escorted him down. We discussed the state of the van battery to discover that it was the original, so probably some eight years old. The technician suggested he get it changed so we directed him to Manolis, Georgia’s brother and she gave him a call. They left shortly after as did Georgia.

I then had four arrivals in quick succession: all Germans in motorhomes. Fortunately, one was travelling with the first so were able to get a shorter welcome. I took the next two couples around together as I was going to say the same things anyway. I then had to catch up with photos of ID, addresses and telephone numbers. I have to duplicate this for the office and fill in paper sheets. I then went to see the British couple and acquire their phone number and picture of their passport for my own setup. Georgia had taken their details on arrival. Strangely, it seems that I should ask for home addresses however she takes only the phone number. It’s easy with German ID cards as the current address is always on the back so requires only two photos.

They’ve had welcome texts, their information has been transferred to paper sheets and all the money for today has been checked and the office has only the float. I will give the money to Georgia only when they leave, together with the paper sheets.

Breakfast was at lunchtime so I shall have something light then probably retire to bed before it’s time to get up and do it all over again.

It’s been a case of déjà vu of two weekends ago. And I thought no one would come and it would be an easy weekend!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.